How do I sanitize the parts? Are all the parts dishwasher safe?
• Use a bottle brush, one with a smaller brush on the opposite end, to reach all the tiny nooks of the pump parts.
• Rinse each piece thoroughly with hot water for 1O to 15 seconds.
• Boiling is not necessary as long as you have rinsed the parts with hot water for 10 to 15 seconds.
• You may choose to sterilize these parts by boiling but not more than 3 minutes. Exposure to heat through boiling will cause damage to the plastic, silicone and membrane.
• All parts may also be washed in the dishwasher using the top rack except for the valve and membrane.
• After washing, lay all the parts on a clean paper towel or on a drying rack and allow all parts to air dry.
• Make sure all the parts including valve and membrane are dry prior to use.